Thursday 16 January 2014

Amsterdam (1)


I moved back home to Scotland in late August, and started a masters course in mid September. It's been great seeing the family and catching up. Before the course started I had to sort some stuff out for Uni but I had a lot more free time than I expected. I was expecting to be flat hunting etc but with all that sorted out so quickly it was actually pretty difficult to sit and do nothing after coming from Korea where every things a million miles an hour. So I helped dad with lots of stuff like sawing up a fallen tree in the garden and doing stuff around the house. 

Ellie arrived in Scotland around the same time I started back at Uni, it was great to welcome her here, even as the days were getting shorter and the weather getting colder. My course has been so busy that we haven't had a lot of time to sightsee. But she's settled in well and got a job at a restaurant, and we've both been pretty busy up until Christmas. After my exams we spent Christmas and New Year with the folks, and then went on a wee trip to Amsterdam, Bruges and Paris before I started back at uni. So here are some photos from that trip. 

My trademark to kick start the first day.

A couple skating outside the Rijk Museum. 
Ellie doing a jump shot.


I managed to scare everyone else away!

Green space :D

Van Gogh Museum. 

At the Van Gogh Museum.
We had a great time, the museum was quite small (compared to a lot of other exhibitions) so we were able to see everything and not rush it.


We wandered about quite  bit, doing a lot of exploring.

Dam square jump shot

It was great to see so many bikes, and it makes you think how badly cyclists have got it here in the UK. They have separate cycle lanes everywhere here. It does make it a bit tricky crossing the road watching out for bikes, cars, buses and trams!

Jump shot above the NEMO building 



No comments:

Post a Comment