Tuesday 27 September 2011

Chuseok

I celebrated my first Chuseok this month, it's a big Korean holiday once a year where everyone goes back to their hometown. The band were going to play a show in Daejeon, but we didn't book transport and  all the trains and buses were full as families made the mass exodus from Seoul. So we cancelled and I spent the 5 days in Seoul. I watched the start of the rugby world cup, had a couple of nights out, went hiking and went to a water park.

My first experience at a Korean water park was interesting. Nearly everyone was wearing life-jackets and we weren't allowed into the wave pool unless we were wearing one! Chuseok was a great time to visit as everyone is away. But we still found it very busy and we queued for over half an hour for every ride. We heard that usually the queues are around 2 hours so I guess we should count ourselves lucky. One ride the aqualoop was great it's a water slide where you get dropped into the tube from an avatar esque capsule before going round a loop de loop! Here's a cheesy promo video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nw68VNOYb8&feature=related

The highlight was the hike I did with my mate Rory, the weather was great and it wasn't too busy. We climbed Dogbongsan which is around 700m so it was a fair hike and the views were pretty good. I took my camera and got some photos for the first time in ages, but the haze doesn't really do the views justice.

Rory having a rest.


My standard pose.

That's the very North of Seoul in the background.

Rory balancing precariously.

On the way down. That's the summit in the background.

Same photo as above just fiddled with some of the settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment