Thursday 7 July 2011

Seoul - the locale, routines and commutes

Seoul is huge, it's a sprawling metropolis of the like I've only ever briefly visited. So living here has been really interesting and I'm enjoying the buzz of living in such a massive city.
Over 5.5 million use the Subway everyday more than Scotland's population!

I'm living in the Ttukseom (뚝섬) area of seoul, located right on the Han river to the east of the centre. It's a great spot to be. I am wedged between two University areas, so there are lots of good resteraunts and bars close-by. I'm right on line 2 (green) on the subway which is pretty convenient as pretty much everythings on the green line or not far away. Being close to the river is great for running and cycling too.



I usually run/cycle under this bridge a couple of times a week. Just incase your wondering the bridge lighting isn't actually green I fiddled about with the colours on this shot.

This is from Ttukseom subway station, I happened to have my camera with me to get some of the orangey hues. The tower in the background is Namsang.

Crossing the Han on the subway. An everyday occurence but this sunset was pretty special, once again glad I had my camera with me!
On the way to my 5-aside football.
This is Olympic Park - originally built for the olympics back in '88 it's a great place to chill out. It's a welcome break from the hustle and bustle of other parts of the city. Great for sunsets!

This is down on the Han River past Ttukseom resort, check out the air that kite surfer is getting!


No comments:

Post a Comment